October 20, 2008
Venting
This morning I went outside to take out the trash and found our Yes on 8 yard sign had been vandalized in the night. I am sad that free speech only applies when we agree with each other. Aubrey has had many questions about this election and how Brandon and I are voting and why. Yesterday I gave her a big speech on how amazing our political process is because we can disagree but we can still be respectful of others opinions. But this morning my 8 year old daughter was taught a different lesson, that some individual who didn't agree thought it was OK to hurt another person's property. I was angry but now I want to say Thank you to the closed minded individual who took his or her time to "correct" my sign. Thank for motivating me to speak up for my point of view and to continue to let others know how important this issue is to me and why!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi! That totally stinks about your sign, they are having some major issues with that out here too. There is even a video up on youtube about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkKqjkq1r4
AMEN!
I agree with your vent. AMEN! Hope tomorrow is better.
Yes, I agree with you and everyone else. I am just waiting for something to happen to ours. We have yes and no up and down our street. BUT for the most party everyone has been respectful about it. BIG HUGS
Oh, I found b-ball ribbon!!! win!!!
In case you're wondering what kind of person might have done this, have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VIAdXv8NsI&feature=related
Crazy!! Weren't we just talking about that at dinner??!! I am so sorry!! Poor Aubrey, it's a shame that she has to learn that sort of lesson so young!
Post a Comment