Last Sunday we had Laney's blessing. It was wonderful to have so many wonderful family members there with us. Some were missing due to the awful fires here in So Cal and they were greatly missed! Laney wore the same dress that Aubrey did on the day she was blessed. My aunt made the dress from the same material as my wedding dress. It was a truly wonderful sight to see my sweet baby in this beautiful and very sentimental dress being given a beautiful blessing in front of our wonderful relatives, great friends and big church family. Unfortunately the whole experience moved Laney down to her bowels! As soon as the blessing was over I had to whisk her to the bathroom and wash her from armpits to toes! I am happy to say that we were able to get all the lovely yellow breastfed baby poop out of her dress. I had my camera in the diaper bag and got one picture of her in her dress before I had to take it off of her. I took it in the bathroom right before I stripped it off of her. Luckily all the yellow stuff was in the back! A big thank you to all of those who shared this special day with us!
5 comments:
All I can say is she must be a Dickens. What a hilarious story. You can threaten to blackmail her with that one. Too cute. What a lovely dress--I'm glad you were able to wash it out!
hugs, Nadine
I wish I could have been there. I am glad it was such a great day.
Tanya
SO glad we could be a part of it. Thanks so much for accommodating our schedule so we could be there! So wonderful. It was great to see you guys.
OH,she is just to cute! I hate that we missed it. I can't wait to see y'all on Friday!!!
BIG HUGS!
She is so beautiful Tawny. What a wonderful time...once I have the baby, I can't wait for their blessing day.
Post a Comment