May 28, 2009

Birthday and Memorial Day Celebrations

We had a wonderful 3 day weekend. I am so bummed I didn't take more pictures. We started our fun on Friday night with some pool time, pizza and strawberry shortcakes with our dear friends the Fleenors. On Saturday we drove up to Union Station to get a peek at the Christmas Carol train. We had hoped to tour the inside but there was a 4 hour wait. NO THANKS! But it is never a waste to drive to Union Station because you can walk across to Olvera Street. This is one of our favorite family activities. After a yummy early lunch of taquitos, beans and fresh churros we headed over to the Fiero's to celebrate the May birthdays. My sister, her husband, her daughter and I all celebrate our birthdays this month. My mom pulled out all the stops including a chocolate fountain to celebrate. On Saturday night Uncle Ryan and Aunt Heather came over to watch the kids so Brandon and I could go see Star Trek for my birthday. I big thank you to them for letting us escape together! We haven't been out together in a very long time. I am the daughter of a pretty big trekkie and I think Brandon was a little unnerved at how much I know about Star Trek! It was a great movie. On Sunday, I woke up to decorations and presents. After church we headed over to the Dickens house for dinner. It was a super yummy dinner. Boy was I a little overwhelmed by the site of 32 candles on my pie. The smoke was pretty intense when I finally got them all blown out. On Monday we headed over to our friends the Bemis's and had a wonderful BBQ with them and our friends the Franks. It was a perfect Memorial Day/ Birthday weekend!
The Train at Union Station
Our favorite place to eat!
All Smiles after Taquitos
More beans please!
Hot churros are the best!
My Birthday poster!
Hot Tubing at the Bemis's house.
Taking Laney for a ride in Lightning McQueen

Laney loves a party
2 dads with 2 cute girls

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks fun- and I love Mexican food too it is my favorite!
Happy Belated Birthday looks like it was a great one!

Lorie said...

Man, it sounds like you got to really live it up on your birthday! Your family is so adorable! I love all of the pictures. It's been so long since I have seen you guys. Next time I'm in CA we need to get together again!

Kim L. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Glad you were well celebrated!

Lindsay said...

what cute kids!