May 7, 2009
Sleepless in Suburbia!
HELP!!! This is one mommy who could use some good advice. Our sweet little girl has decided that sleeping is way overrated. Since she started teething our lives have been rough. Brandon is ready to just let her cry it out but I hate the tears! And since Brandon is rarely home at bed time between work and church commitments I need to be comfortable with what ever we decide to do. Aubrey was a fabulous sleeper and with Austin we ended up letting him cry it out but he has never really become a good sleeper. He still gets up in the night often to "visit" with me. So ladies, fellow mommies, knowers of all things baby.... what worked for you? How did you get your little angel to sleep through the night? Any advice is welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm probably not who you want to hear from in this department, but I'll share my opinion anyway! (: We deal with it for a long time...if I have one like an Austin, who just can't get it, THEN as a last resort, I'll do the cry it out method. Until then, I just keep waking up. I think as mother's we know when enough is enough and then we are ready to do something about it. You'll know what to do and what is right for YOUR baby. Follow your instinct and gut, if crying it out doesn't feel good right now, don't do it. After another month, it might sound GREAT to you. Know one knows your baby like you do! Good luck!
Lorie's advice is pretty much what I do. I haven't been able to clearcut cry it out, but I've also been known to let them cry it out when it gets to the point of no other option. It depends how far to the end of my rope I am. I've been where you are.
When Isabelle was still getting up every two hours at 10 months, our pediatrician said to have Jared be the one to get up with her. We had Caleb sleep in our room, and Jared slept in the kids room and every time she woke up, he talked to her, calmed her down, but the main thing was he didn't pick her up, and since I wasn't around, the boob wasn't an option. After two nights of that, she started sleeping through, and only woke up once a night at 5:30 from then on and dropped that on her own after another couple of months. Good luck!
I've never done the cry it out but Jace has always helped a lot at night, too. My kids were never good sleepers and it never felt right to let them cry and cry. Besideds, they'd cry themselves to sleep and wake up an hour later, crying some more. I figured that for the first year, they could rule the roost and we would just get up with them. The up all night doesn't last that long and she's your last baby. Just follow your instinct. It won't last forever. All of mine sleep through the night just fine and sometimes, I miss the quiet, one-on-one, middle of the night rock-a byes. It was always so peaceful.
Post a Comment