July 24, 2008
Powerful Inspiration
I'm not a big believer in using this blog as a journal. I have a tendency to be an open book when it comes to my opinions and emotions so I worry I would become the queen of TMI (too much information) and Brandon would ban me from the blogging world forever to prevent our family much embarrassment. But this is something I really want to share. There is an amazing woman who's blog has become a huge source of inspiration to me. You can find it at adailyscoop.blogspot.com . Her name is Stephanie and she very recently lost her youngest daughter in a drowning accident. Her sweet little Camille fell into the new family spa and drown. She was 14 months old and Stephanie was the one to find her. I have met Stephanie a few times in my life. She was in the same ward (geographical LDS congregation) in as the majority of my family for a period of time. She is one of those amazing women who always struck me with her intelligence, kindness and spirituality each time I crossed her path. When my mom asked me to find her blog one day for her I was blown away by each of her entries since the passing of her sweet girl. Her reflections on grief, love and the eternal nature of families have given me much to think about. I am so thankful for this amazing woman who is trying to use her personal tragedy to remind so many of the truly important things in life and the importance of faith in our savior. I know there are others out in the blog community who have also been touched by her thoughts and I just wanted to give more of you the chance to share in her sweet testimony of eternal families and faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I found her page through Julie and Jason's page and have been reading it everyday. I find it truly inspiring and try to add some of her inspiration into my own daily life. I don't know why I was compelled to click on the link to her page, but I found it right when the accident happened. I have shed tears reading each entry; I even fried my laptop one night. I have learned to sit back when reading Stephainie's words. It is amazing and unbelievably comforting to read the entries each day. I only hope she knows the scope of what she has created.
Hi Tawny..it's Ines...i just found your blog...i just started a blog & think it's a much better way to keep in touch. The daily scoop girl, she's in my ward...she's pretty new to our ward..she came to my house when they first moved in...she's really nice...& has family roots in the Vegas/Henderson area...& we are distant realtives...it's a complete tragedy but what an inspiration..i hope all is well...future congrats on the baby
www.inespaulkids.blogspot.com
I am thrilled that we found each other. I'll have to read your friends blog, we lost twin boys in 2006 so we know how it feels to lose kids, but how it can also be a strong testimony builder.
What is your e-mail address?
Post a Comment